The Voice

The Student News Site of St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School

The Voice

The Voice

SSSAS Resolutions New Year, New Saints!

Every year, millions of people worldwide create resolutions going into the new year. The Voice sent a survey to the student and faculty body to get their opinions about resolutions and if they’ve set goals for themselves. Out of the 30 responses, most people set resolutions for the new year, but more than half of our responders do not follow through with their resolutions towards the end of the year. Some people find it hard to finish their goals or get distracted and forget to complete them. 

A few goals our Saints have made are getting into better eating habits, going to the gym more, musical interests, academics, and much more. Our favorite resolutions include: Eating breakfast every morning, having more positive self-talk, going to the gym every day, eating less sugar, benching 225 pounds, learning to play the piano, forming a vision board, and to be less irritated by siblings. 

A new trend/tradition that has started is called Ins and Outs. Ins and Outs are just another way of setting new goals for yourself, while also eliminating bad habits from the year (or previous years) before. Some of Ins could include: once a week skin care, reading/journaling weekly, more homemade meals and having rest days. While some Outs could include: people pleasing, having a messy room/car, saying sorry too often and overworking yourself.

Here are some more realistic resolutions that you can set for yourself heading into the new year:

• Read a book a month 
  • Clean your bedroom every week/month (and keep it clean!)
  • Try new foods every month
  • Get 8+ hours of sleep every night
  • Exercise everyday
  • Make daily affirmations for yourself
  • Volunteer weekly
  • Eat healthier foods
  • Stop eating chocolate, candy, etc.
  • Start taking better care of your skin
  • Swap out soda for water
  • Improve GPA (or grades in general)
  • Learn a new recipe every week/month
  • Compliment someone every day

We hope some of these resolutions interest you, and that you’ll stick with them all the way through December! Thanks for reading Saints, and remember to set realistic goals for yourself throughout the year!