Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring!

Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring!

Winter is slowly coming to an end which means no more Christmas songs, hot chocolate, warm cozy coats, or the anticipation of Winter Formal. However, Spring is (thankfully) approaching which means more flowers, animals coming out of hibernation, Spring sport games, and our seniors graduating. With all of these Springtime activities, let’s highlight some of the important events that will be happening at SSSAS during the last few months of the school year:

Saints Mission Day:

This April, SSSAS will be running their 5th Saints Mission Day! During Saints Mission Day, students are split into groups randomly (mixed in with students from other grades) and they complete fun activities to help better our community! These activities can include making inspiring videos, making uplifting cards for people in need, and much more! This event is a great way for students from the Lower, Middle, and Upper school to get together and show Saints Pride! 

Girls Lacrosse Spring Fling and Draper Track & Field:

Every year, SSSAS hosts two very special sporting events in the Spring! Over 20 teams will be competing in both Spring Fling and the Draper Meet this Spring. Spring Fling is an all day event that showcases Girls Lacrosse teams from across the country. The games will be played on all three fields at SSSAS (Moss, Grass, and Kelleher!) – This tradition has been going on for about 30 years and it’s a great opportunity to watch competitive teams as they battle it out on the fields. Draper is another annual sporting event that takes place on our Upper School track. 850+ high school athletes will be competing at the Upper School including students from: Bishop Irenton, Episcopal, O’Connell, Holton-Arms, and many more! This is also a great time to watch some amazing talent as athletes sprint, hurdle, and jump to victory! Good luck to every student who plans to participate in these two long awaited events. 

Spring Break Trips:

SSSAS provided some amazing trip opportunities for the students and staff who want to travel abroad! Trips travel all across the world from Normandy to Vietnam, or Panama and Costa Rica. The school offers so many opportunities for students with so many different locations and experiences. The signups for the Spring break trips closed back in November, but The Voice wishes safe travels to the students who are going overseas (or staying in the US) this Spring! 

Prom: 

The Voice will be publishing an article that’s all about Prom shortly! Keep a lookout for a Prom article in the next month. 

Graduation:

And finally, graduation! The class of ‘23 will be graduating on June 3rd. Graduation is a great time to reflect on the graduates’ years at SSSAS – the ups, the downs, the growths as well as the weaknesses of each student. It recognizes each student’s accomplishments, whether it be academically, artistically, or in the athletic field. Also, Lower and Middle school students are welcomed to the next level of their St. Stephens and St. Agnes School journey, whether that be the Middle School, the Upper School, or another academic institution! We will certainly miss our seniors next year, but we’ll also welcome the new 9th graders (and new students) next year as well.  

That’s all of the important dates coming up in the next few months. The last quarter is just around the corner, so make the most of every assignment, test, sports game or artistic performance you may have! Go Saints!